events

Unravel 2016

22.2.16


This weekend saw the first of the year's yarn events here in the UK. Unravel is now in its 7th year and held at Farnham Maltings, a lovely old Victorian building that was bought by the local council and is now host to a number of arts and crafts events.

This was my 2nd visit to the event. My first was in 2014 where I met some lovely online friends in real life. This year, I could only attend on the Friday so I missed meeting up with old friends and new. If you don't much like crowds, Friday is definitely the day to attend as it's quieter. I hopped in Edna (my little Renault Clio) and off I went along with my Metalouse Shawl. I must apologise in advance for the poor quality images. I'm not to sure what has happened to my iPhone 5 camera.




As you can see from the following images, it wasn't very busy.




Being quieter meant that you could spend more time browsing the gorgeous hand dyed yarns being sold.







Aren't those colours just amazing?

So, what did I buy? Well, I was very conservative with my spending. I was going to get a lot more but when I got there, I realised that I still had some hanks of yarn from 2 years ago still in my stash. I settled on these 2 beauties though.


I do have a couple of projects in mind for them.

The skein on the left would be great for Reyna by Noora Laivola. Those variegated purples and greys are just what the pattern calls for. As for the skein on the right, it is a beautiful colourway called Sea Spray. I have a number of 2-ply shawl patterns currently in my queue that would do it justice

I'm planning for next year's event already and have decided I'll book the Saturday off work so that I can meet up with friends. Going alone is okay, but it's nicer if you have people to meet up with and have a good chin wag. I think that next year I'll take the train as this year the journey down was abysmal. What with heavy traffic, accidents and roadworks it took me almost 3 hours each way. I could've spent that time knitting on the train, daydreaming out of the window or catching forty winks. Much more relaxing than sitting behind the wheel of a car.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate the time taken to leave a comment.

Like us on Facebook