knitting

Languishing Projects

17.1.16

A warm welcome to new and returning readers. It feels good to be typing away after a year long absence. What yarny things have I been up to? Well, I'm sorry to say, not much but that's all going to change now that I'm in a new happy place. I have 3 projects currently languishing on my needles.

The oldest UFO is the Carnaby skirt by Nikol Lohr. This is a free pattern that was first published in Knitty, Deep Fall 2010. I started this back in December 2014. I'd say I'm about 2/3rds of the way through.




I'm knitting this in Red Heart Super Saver in the colour Windsor Blue. I do need to order another ball of this yarn in order to finish it but I need to import it from the US unless there's a UK supplier.

It's a very simple design using a Box Stitch pattern and short rows. A perfect knitting project while binge watching on Netflix ;)


My second UFO is a pair of Time Traveler Socks by Liz Sedmak. Another free pattern available to download from Ravelry. I started these socks back in March 2015.





As you can see I'm halfway through, i.e. only one sock, but I have cast on the second one. Maybe it's high time I got back to it. I'm using Zwerger Garn Opal Smile sock yarn, very aptly named as the colours do make me smile. I love Opal sock yarns, they have a great range self striping yarns in fabulous colours. I'm knitting these on short 2.5mm HiyaHiya needles. A different way of knitting socks, there's no laddering to contend with as is sometimes the case with DPNS or using Magic Loop method.

My final UFO is only a recent project. I'm knitting Maluka by Bea Schmidt. This too is a free pattern available from Ravelry. I cast this on back in November 2014. I had intentions of giving it to my Secret Santa but it soon became clear that it wasn't going to get finished in time so it got resigned to the bottom of the pile.



Maluka is a crescent shaped shawl. I've almost finished knitting the border. I think I have maybe 5 or 6 repeats to do before knitting the body of the shawl.
I'm using King Cole Merino Blend 4 Ply in a gorgeous shade of purple. I'm not sure whether it'll end up for me or as a gift for somebody else.

So there you have it. Three projects all needing to be finished and rather a lot of projects in my Ravelry queue waiting to be started. That doesn't include things I've seen on Pinterest or Instagram. They're great enablers, don't you think?


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing the progress on the shawl - it's a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When I saw the colour I made a beeline for it.

      Delete
  2. We always have SO MANY UFO'S in hibernation mode around us don't we?!
    We wouldn't be REAL knitters/crocheter's if we didn't! ;-)
    I do so love all of your pretty makes you have going on though...
    Those socks would make anyone smile with all the happy colors!
    And I, for one, am truly anxious to see that awesome skirt and that gorgeous purple shawl finished up... can I be your Secret Santa???
    I hope the skirt is for YOU and we get to see you model it when it's finished.
    I'm so happy that you and I are back from our year off of blogging.
    It's wonderful to reconnect with you... I often thought of you and wondered how you were doing.
    Love,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate the time taken to leave a comment.

Like us on Facebook